Saturday, January 15, 2011

Knights of the Thriller Roundtable

Back in December I participated in my first International Thriller Writers weekly Thriller Roundtable, in which authors discuss a predetermined topic and what role that topic does - or in some cases does not - play in their work.

It was a lot of fun and I am fortunate to have the opportunity to take part in another roundtable discussion this coming week, from Monday, January 17th through Friday the 21st. This week's topic is, "Do you plot, plan or outline? Or, do you just go where your characters lead you?"

If you know me, you probably realize planning and outlining aren't necessarily my strong suits, except when it comes to controlling airplanes. I have a knack for mis-reading my work schedule that would be hilarious if it weren't so freaking annoying. This would probably lead you to believe I just sit down and start pounding away at the keyboard when I'm writing a book.

You might be surprised.

But I'm not giving away any trade secrets here. If you want to find out for sure whether I'm a pre-planner or whether I sit back and follow meekly along wherever my characters lead me, you will have to check out this week's Thriller Roundtable starting on Monday. And don't worry, there will be eleven other authors contributing to the roundtable, including award-winning, bestselling folks like Weston Ochse and LJ Sellers. You know, people who actually know what they're talking about.

Check it out if you're so inclined, and if you do, say hi or ask a question; get involved! I'd love to see you there.

No comments: