Friday, September 3, 2010

And the Winner Is...

My first-ever contest has come to a conclusion and I would like to congratulate winner Chris Haviland, who will receive, whether he wants to or not, one free copy of every book I ever publish, from now until the end of time. Or until I keel over, whichever comes first. As I said in the email I sent Chris, this may or may not be something to celebrate, depending upon my ability as a writer, but he's stuck with me now.

All he had to do to become eligible to win was go to my website, www.allanleverone.com, and sign up for my twice-yearly (or four-times yearly, depending upon activity) email newsletter. That was it. Simple.

But although the contest is over and the winner has been selected, it's not too late to get in on the action for next time. I have more things planned for the coming months and years, all involving free stuff, and all of it will be going to those readers with the foresight to sign up for my newsletter.

Some of the things I'm planning include a free digital copy of FINAL VECTOR when it's released in February, as well as free copies of the various print magazines and anthologies containing my short fiction, not to mention other things still in the planning stages. Don't ask, because I can't tell you about them yet.

And this is mentioned on my website, but it's worth restating here as well: Your name and email address will NEVER be shared with anyone else for ANY reason. It will not be sold, given away, lent, borrowed, or hinted at. Ever. For any reason, as I may have already stated. I have no desire to infringe upon your privacy and Vertical Response, the company handling distribution of the newsletter, does not either. Period.

So don't worry if you entered the contest and didn't win, or if you meant to enter and forgot, or if you had never heard of the damned contest until right now. Go to my website, click on the "Contact" button on the left side of whatever page you happen to be on, and sign up for my newsletter. Do that, and you don't have to worry about entering the next contest; you'll automatically be entered for that one and every following one.

Plus, you will be able to keep up with all the information you ever wanted about new book releases, short story publications, both online and in print mags, and anything else that might come up. Sounds like a win-win to me.

No comments: